Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chocolate Festival in Florence


My roommates had yet to go to Florence so after our two days in Siena we caught a bus and headed further North.  We were so lucky to visit during this particular weekend because the CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL was in town.  In front of the Santa Croce tents upon tents were set up with all different kinds of chocolate.  There were so many different flavors and options.  Chocolate covered fruit, hot chocolate with rum, weed flavored chocolate, chocolate molded into tools and high heels, and solid blocks of chocolate are just a few of the many options in front of us.  I personally opted for two giant squares of extra dark chocolate - it was so amazing!!  It was honestly the best chocolate I have ever tasted in my entire life.  My roommates got the hot chocolate with rum and we all swear that the hot chocolate was straight melted chocolate; it was so rich and crazy good, but far too strong in the rum department for my taste.  The adventurous people that we are, we all tried a tiny piece of the weed flavored chocolate, which honestly just tasted really weird.  All in all it was such a fabulous afternoon, so much so that I felt like I was in the movie Chocolat...if only Johnny Depp would have shown up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment